HEADER

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Helmet Technology-SG Helmet

I recently met a representative from Echelon Sports  SPORTS ARMOR who introduced me to the new SG Helmet.

I have to say, I was quite impressed with the feel of the helmet.   The helmet itself is made with a Kevlar shell and a patented polypropylene inside. The main thing that stood out for me was the how light the helmet was in my hand and how light it felt when I placed it upon my head.  I asked a couple of my players to check it out in the spring and I have been checking in with them from time to time.  

Their comments  about the helmet have been nothing short of amazing for me as a coach.

Players Comments:
"I don't even feel like I am wearing a helmet."
"I don't get a headache when I am wearing the SG helmet."
"I took a hit to the head and did not feel it like I might of with my other helmets."
"My peripheral vision in the SG helmet is awesome."    

Additionally, I purchased a SG helmet for a player who had a concussion with another helmet in the early part of spring.  When they returned from their concussion protocol, I put the helmet on the player and the player has not had any recurrence of head injuries since placing the SG helmet on their head.

Attached is a article from ESPN to peruse if you want more information about this style helmet.


1 comment:

  1. I seriously enjoy studying as well as following your own submit as i discover their whereabouts incredibly educational as well as exciting. This submit is actually similarly educational together with exciting. Thank you for information people been putting on doing your internet site this exciting.Helmets

    ReplyDelete