Using Formations to gain an advantage
1) Don't worry about balance (run/pass)
2) Allows you to keep it simple.
- 4 runs - 4 passes
3) Create run/pass looks.
4) Utilize your personnel.
5) Make game planning difficult for defense.
6) Create edges to get the ball to the perimeter.
7) Create Matchups.
- 4 x 1 formations - 5 x 0 formations
8) Motion to and from Empty.
9) Strength of formation to the boundary.
10) Allows you to be stubborn and boring.
11) Attack their bad players.
- Make their CB defend the run.
- Make their LB defend the pass.
Coach Martin was an entertaining speaker !